Scenario
i. Context
I will offer a multicultural course module for fourth grade students about the United States (Athens), Brazil (Fortaleza), Mexico (Guadalajara), and Peru (Lima), because, according to their teacher, the students from CM School do not value or respect people from foreign countries. Consequently, I will challenge them to investigate some worthwhile characteristics and problems about cultural, social, and economic aspects in these places. By doing so, I hope the students will learn some ethical values like respect for people in other cultures.
ii. Relevant Principle
The principle of learning that I have chosen is the sociocultural perspective because the students can construct meanings by interacting with the social environment and context. First of all, the students can do a virtual trip using webquest to find information about those places. By having opportunities to interact with students from other cultures and to discuss their cultures, students will learn respect for their foreign classmates
iii. Application Strategy
Based on the Sociocultural principle of learning, the strategy is to develop students’ abilities in perception, reflection, and critical discussion.
A. I will conduct a task analysis to reflect with teachers from CM School about prejudice against foreign students in that school.
B. I will design a project that requires students to search about the listed places, while they have to solve a challenge in the web quest which I will elaborate.
C. I will make lesson plans to show them a lot of worthwhile aspects from those places and to help them understand how important it is to know about different cultures and to live with respect.
D. At the end of the project, the students will write a composition describing their trips and reflecting on cultural problems. By doing so, they will begin to value diversity, which will help them to respect students from different cultures.
I will offer a multicultural course module for fourth grade students about the United States (Athens), Brazil (Fortaleza), Mexico (Guadalajara), and Peru (Lima), because, according to their teacher, the students from CM School do not value or respect people from foreign countries. Consequently, I will challenge them to investigate some worthwhile characteristics and problems about cultural, social, and economic aspects in these places. By doing so, I hope the students will learn some ethical values like respect for people in other cultures.
ii. Relevant Principle
The principle of learning that I have chosen is the sociocultural perspective because the students can construct meanings by interacting with the social environment and context. First of all, the students can do a virtual trip using webquest to find information about those places. By having opportunities to interact with students from other cultures and to discuss their cultures, students will learn respect for their foreign classmates
iii. Application Strategy
Based on the Sociocultural principle of learning, the strategy is to develop students’ abilities in perception, reflection, and critical discussion.
A. I will conduct a task analysis to reflect with teachers from CM School about prejudice against foreign students in that school.
B. I will design a project that requires students to search about the listed places, while they have to solve a challenge in the web quest which I will elaborate.
C. I will make lesson plans to show them a lot of worthwhile aspects from those places and to help them understand how important it is to know about different cultures and to live with respect.
D. At the end of the project, the students will write a composition describing their trips and reflecting on cultural problems. By doing so, they will begin to value diversity, which will help them to respect students from different cultures.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home